New Jersey Democratic State Committee’s
Workplace Culture Program
NJDSC has launched a comprehensive Workplace Culture Program to ensure that all of our employees and volunteers feel valued, empowered, and supported. We strive towards a Democratic system that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive at all levels of representation, but we can only achieve that by a) recruiting diverse talent, b) increasing engagement by diverse voices, and c) ensuring a system of accountability that disincentivizes bad behavior.
Elements of the Program:
- Advisory Group with members representing all levels of the Democratic Party structure — from the NJDSC to county committees, to municipal committees, to elected officials and activists.
- Sexual harassment and anti-bias training.
- Training program for select candidates.
NJDSC is partnering with Ritu Pancholy, Esq., a New Jersey-based HR consultant and founder of Culturupt, on this initiative.
Advisory Group Members:
The Workplace Culture Program will convene an Advisory Group made up of the following members:
- Lt. Governor Sheila Oliver, Honorary Chair
- Saily Avelenda, Executive Director, NJDSC, Advisory Group Co-Leader
- Nabila Baptiste, Deputy Executive Director, NJDSC, Advisory Group Co-Leader
- Peg Schaffer, Vice Chair, NJDSC & Chair, Somerset County Democrats
- Kelly Stewart Maer, Treasurer, NJDSC
- Shavonda Sumter, Assemblywoman LD 35 & NJDSC Committee Member
- Janine Bauer, Chair, West Orange Democrats & NJDSC Committee Member
- Alixon Collazos, NJDSC Committee Member
- Joyce Mollineaux, NJDSC Committee Member
- Amy DeGise, Chair, Hudson County Democratic Organization
- Arlene Quiñonez Perez, Chair, Hunterdon County Democrats & Chair, NJDSC Latino Caucus
- Mary J. Amoroso, Freeholder Chairwoman, Bergen County
- Moira Nelson, Monmouth County Democratic Committee, 2019 & 2020 Freeholder Candidate, Activist
- Deb Fabricatore, Somerset County Democrats, Disability Caucus
- T. Missy Balmir, Co-Chair, NJDSC Black Caucus
- Fatima Heyward, Chair, NJDSC Youth Caucus
- Steven Goldstein, Chair, NJDSC Jewish Caucus
- Sikander Khan, Chair, NJDSC Muslim Caucus
- Toral Patel, Verona Democratic Committee Co-Chair, NJDSC South Asian American Caucus
- Raj Parikh, Esq., General Counsel, NJDSC
The Advisory Group will help inform the NJDSC programs and offer input on areas where New Jersey Democrats can do better to foster a healthy and empowering workplace culture.