Forward 2021 offers competitive salaries, health benefits, and a collaborative work environment. On this team, you will find a positive culture that leads to new professional development opportunities for yourself with an overall mission to elect Democrats throughout New Jersey.
Your Position with the Campaign
The Tracker will be responsible for recording candidate events and media appearances, editing footage, writing detailed event reports, and monitoring press clips, public releases, social media posts, and event calendars. The Tracker will report to the Research Director and Deputy Research Director and must have the ability to handle a fast-paced environment and maintain composure under pressure.
The Tracker is responsible for producing transcripts and event memos, contributing to several of the campaign’s media monitoring tasks, and leading in-person event tracking activities for the campaign.
Responsibilities and Scope
- Recording candidate events, rallies, and media appearances.
- Editing footage or audio of candidate events, media appearances, or other potential tracking opportunities.
- Creating memos and transcripts detailing event happenings and key points.
- Searching for, cataloging, and sharing details of events or tracking opportunities.
- Monitoring press clips, campaign releases, social media posts, candidate websites, event calendars, and other relevant sources.
- Researching and recording other politically relevant events.Minimum Qualifications
- Ability to use filming equipment and recording software effectively.
- Poise to perform duties under pressure and when handling confrontation.
- Flexibility to attend events at short notice and availability during evening and weekendhours.
- A reliable car to get to and from events.
- Prior tracking experience and/or familiarity with tracking.
- Familiarity with video editing software.
- New Jersey experience is preferred but not required.
The salary for this position will be $4000/mo.To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com with “Tracker: [NAME]” in the subject line.